Daniel 3:17-18

Daniel 3:17-18 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

Each Sunday morning since Christmas I have weighed myself on our bathroom scale.

In six weeks I have lost 16 pounds.

For Christmas I gave my wife 50 pounds of sugar and a 10 gallon fish tank for storing the sugar. She looked at me quizzically until I explained.

My present to her was a promise to loose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday five months away. The sugar represents the weight I have to loose and the junk food I am giving up to loose the weight.

For each pound I loose, I remove one pound of sugar from the fish tank. We can all see the sugar level going down.

So far I have given my wife 31% of her Christmas present. She is very happy about that.

I made my sweet sixteen!


2 comments:

  1. Steve,
    Thanks for one of the sweetest presents ever:)
    Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were looking trimmer! Nice job! She's got to be enjoying the walks too... :)

    ReplyDelete