Daniel 3:17-18

Daniel 3:17-18 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Stitch in Time

So I am going to bed shortly because I get to wake up at 4:30 tomorrow morning. That's because I will be checking into the hospital at 6:00 a.m. for a 7:20 surgery. Remember that incisional hernia I mentioned a few weeks back? It's fix it time.

Plan A is to go in laparoscopically, patch things up, examine the rest of my incision from the inside, maybe have the surgeon tattoo mine and Carla's initials on the back side of my naval and then send me home tomorrow afternoon. I am feeling bloated already.

Here's to a restful weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Steve. Not sure where you are up to right now with our time difference, but its Thursday afternoon in the UK as I type this.

    Take it easy for a while.

    Hugs ((0))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona. It is Thursday afternoon here as I type this. We are just getting back from the hospital and I am in bed about to take a nap.

      The surgeon told Carla that everything went well inside. Only the one known hernia was present and quickly patched. He examined the rest of the incision from the original surgery and he said it looked fine.

      He also said my insides looked healthy and nicely colored. I guess that's bonus information. I am not expected back at work until Monday, March 26th at the earliest, so plenty of time to rest easy.

      Thanks for the hugs. ((o))

      Delete
  2. Make sure you do rest Steve! No thinking oh, I'll just do this and that.
    March 26th is my talk with my heppy doc about whether to start treatment for my Hep B or not, so I will be thinking of you back at work while I sit in traffic queues going into and back out of the city to my hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping you are resting that body of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Everyone,
    Steve is getting some rest despite himself.
    When his body is tired, it just crashes. zzzz
    We picked up a wrap for his stomach and back
    and that seems to be helping him a lot.
    Thanks for your well wishes,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete