Daniel 3:17-18

Daniel 3:17-18 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Full Disclosure

Carla and I realized the other day that there are a few side effects and incident mishaps from the chemo and radiation that we haven't shared with everyone. You could call them the unmentionables. Some made us wince, others made us sad, the rest just made us laugh. Laugh is often another word for "we'd really like to cry right now." In an effort to share these experiences fairly we thought we'd at least list them here.

1.
2.
3.
4.

Don't worry if you can't read the list. It just means you are not one of my doctors or nurses. They have a unique way of getting every last detail out of you and even reading between the lines. I was hoping to keep at least a few things to myself. Is nothing sacred? Oh well. Now I guess everyone gets to know.

5 comments:

  1. ha ha, very funny.
    love you dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude couldn't read the list. HA HA. Nice one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Buddy! At least they didn't zap your sense of humor! Gotta love 'em.

    You are an inspiration to all of us.

    And, I love you.
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's sacred is your heart and your mind. Years ago I had an experience where I felt like my bodily privacy was invaded and it struck me that while my body is important, my spirit is me, not my body. We think of and pray for you all the time... (And I love your sense of humor about things too, because you're right-- sometimes its all you can do to laugh, so you don't cry!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just scared me. More accurately, you just scared my bum.

    ReplyDelete