Daniel 3:17-18

Daniel 3:17-18 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Measuring the Marigolds

Me: (humming)
     Two and two are four
     Four and four are eight
     Eight and eight are sixteen
     Sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two

You: Hey, what's up, Steve? You're in a good mood.

Me: Yep. Had a good day at work.

You: Cool. How's that?

Me: Well I just finished six weeks of chemo and radiation, right?

You: Sure. Must have been tough.

Me: Yeah, it had it's moments. I didn't like missing so much work.

You: So what made today special?

Me: Simple addition.

You: Huh?

Me: Four and four are eight, buddy. I just worked my first 8 hour shift in over a month!

You: Congratulations!

Me: Thanks.

Both: (humming together)
     Two and two are four
     Four and four are eight
     Eight and eight are sixteen
     Sixteen and sixteen are thirty-two

4 comments:

  1. That's fabulous! I love to hear your success! Your blog is so darn cute! Pert near as cute as you! Keep on humming! We are! (smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!! You are really bouncing back! We are proud of your attitude and strength.
    Will and Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, my friend. Of course I know how tough its been for you, I mean living right next to ya. I've been impressed with your attitude towards it. I really like the blog and how you have made light of a major thing. Keep fighting, Im right there with ya. P.S. I just did two more laps for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! Congrats! I'll bet it helps life feel more normal again, huh? YAY for work-- hahaha!

    ReplyDelete