Daniel 3:17-18

Daniel 3:17-18 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Friday, December 3, 2010

Guess where I am?

I'm relaxing in my hospital bed waiting to visit with the surgeon. I've had my vitals taken, my blood drawn, an EKG, and a good visit with the nurse. Carla is here with me, too. I actually had to sign three or four more forms. You'd think I was joining the Navy. Surgery starts in half an hour at 7:30. Oh, and the nurse just came back in and put a warm blanket around my shoulders because they said my body temperature was a bit low. So they are taking good care of me.

Hi again everyone. This is Carla. I guess I'll have to finish this post.
Steve was just taken out so he could get his epidural. I'm excited to know that he has this alternative for helping with his pain control.  It should mean that he won't need to be as heavily medicated which should help with his post surgery recovery. Apparently Huntsman has some of the best pain management teams around. They travel around the country and train medical personnel around the country. We are so fortunate to have such an incredible facility available to us and so close to home.

Steve's surgeon just stepped in to say a quick hello.  He is just waiting on them to finish with Steve's epidural and then he is ready to go.

They came in and took me back to where Steve was before wheeling him into surgery. He has been cracking jokes and keeping them laughing the whole time. Everyone is in good spirits including Steve. They are thinking they will be about 4 1/2 hours in surgery and then at least an hour in recovery. I won't see him until they take him up to his room, but will receive updates along the way. I'll keep you posted as they come up.

2 comments:

  1. I have to give it to Steve. He is one very funny guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pain management is VERY good! You've been in my thoughts all day!

    ReplyDelete