Daniel 3:17-18

Daniel 3:17-18 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Thursday, December 23, 2010

I have friends!

Most of you know I took a six week leave of absence from work to deal with surgery and recovery. Carla drove me in to the office last Friday afternoon to visit with my coworkers during their Christmas party. It was great seeing everybody after being gone for two weeks. What was my delight yesterday, then, when a cool Christmas floral arrangement was delivered to our home from my "friends at Applied Signal Technology". I have friends!

Thank you, friends at AST

I've been touched, actually, by the many, many people who have come out in support of me and my family during this cancer adventure. Childhood friends have reached me on Facebook. Family, friends, and even friends of family and friends have sent cards and well wishes. Neighbors have brought meals more times than I can count. I even have new cyber friends from cancer blogs.

Thank you, friends and family

In a world full of horrific headlines, it's humbling and heart warming to harvest the humane side of humanity. Truly, I have friends.

“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” ~Bernard Meltzer

1 comment:

  1. Some more Xmas photos for you on my site Steve. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas with your family

    ReplyDelete