Daniel 3:17-18

Daniel 3:17-18 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Thursday, December 9, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

Today is the big day. We have been cleared by Dr. Sklow to go home. He said last night, with complete satisfaction, that I looked too good to be in a hospital. Funny guy. What I am realizing this morning is that I want to go home now. We have accomplished everything this week we came here to do. It's time to move on.

There is more that can be shared about our stay here, especially the last two days. I know our posts tapered off sharply on Tuesday afternoon. I'll get to that as I recover from the comforts of my own home. For now I just feel tired, reflective, peaceful, and relieved. Mostly I feel immense gratitude for an amazing week filled with amazing success and amazing people—my sweet wife, Carla, being the first among them.

4 comments:

  1. Yee Haw!!! We are so excited for your progress. It is amazing that you have recovered so quickly and are already headed home. We are sure the kids are anxious for you both to be back at home. Stay up on the pain meds so you can enjoy the day. Love you all.
    Will and Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know things will get much better and you will wonder where the time went. Keep it in mind when it is rough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks pretty dark over there right now-- did you get home yet? That's SO exciting! Home is best... I have to say that I've selfishly really appreciated this blog. Its so nice to be able to unobtrusively check up on you!

    And I'll second the drug up advice! Three cheers for home, for your incredible wife and awesome family! Welcome home, neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet it is good to be home ... for all of you. Steve, you have progressed so well, so quickly. The lesson for all of us: With God; great doctors and facilities; support (wife, family, friends, employer); and an upbeat attitude anything is possible!

    May you travel in peace through the Universe, waving at the stars as you pass. Today, you get a free ride.

    Love forever, Lauri (The Big Sister)

    ReplyDelete