Daniel 3:17-18

Daniel 3:17-18 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up."

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Home, Sweet Home!

We made it. We are here. I am in my own living room as I write this! We actually got home about four hours ago. After unloading the car and unpacking my pain meds (OK, so I watched Carla and her mother do this), I promptly swallowed two more pills and went down for a nap—in my own clothes, in my own bed, in my own house! Does it show that I'm glad to be home?

Carla is overjoyed to be back on her home turf. She helped her mom a bit on arrival and then crawled into bed next to me for a nap of her own. That was nice. I have watched her sleep on a sofa bed across my room for a week. And the best part of our bit of sleep? No noise. Nothing remotely reminding of a busy hospital. Carla's mom, Joy, woke me at six for my next round of pills. So now we are back up and visiting with our children, catching up on their weeks adventures.

It's dark outside. If you should pass by our house the Christmas lights are on, adding our bit of cheer to the neighborhood. Inside is a happy family glad to have Mom and Dad home again.

11 comments:

  1. glad to see you are happy and comfy
    love aunt dianna and me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Steve! So glad to have you home and comfy with your family and Christmas lights. Keep up the good work.
    Lisa (Miller)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post-- I'm so happy for you! YAY for no more hospital, YAY for incredible mothers, YAY for sleeping together again, YAY for being together as a family again!!!! I see your lights and am so happy for you and so glad that you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're home and recovering!

    --Bryan and folks at AST

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would shovel your driveway for you but your boys are soooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous said... Awesome! So glad you made it home. Miss your smiling face here at AST.
    Keep up the great recovery - have a wonderful holiday!
    Hope to see you next year sometime!!
    Tammy - AST

    December 15, 2010 10:21 AM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keith stopped by and asked me for a charge number. Some how the conversation turned to butts. :) LOL. We were actually talking about offices and I asked if he knew how you were. He forwarded your blogspot.

    Sounds like you are doing some "butt kicking". Way to go! To you, your family and your butt and its cells!

    So very glad the prognosis is good and that you are home.

    Vena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, Im so glad that your home. Im really happy to hear the pathology results I read in one of the posts from Carla. You have been the little trooper through all of this and are an inspiration to me in how to handle and go through treatment. It's just nice to have you back in the hood. I'll come see ya sometime when your home or awake. Love ya lots my friend. Later

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steve and Carla,

    Just wondering how things are progressing now that you've been home a while?

    Hope you're still doing well Steve....

    ReplyDelete